menu

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fishies, Potties, and Garlic Stuffed Olives


Day 13
Shockingly easy! Had hard-boiled eggs as though they didn’t just 2 short weeks ago cause me to gag.
Coffee black with agave,
 again a huge thing, usually I have so much milk and sugar in it you can barely taste the coffee.

 Today was Tuesday so no preschool.  We met friends at the local aquarium, my close friend who has the female versions of my 2 and 4 yr old.  The 2 of us spent the next 2 hrs chasing and shhhing the kids, touching crabs, and taking potty breaks.
Were both potty training our two yr olds, mine loves to use EVERY public restroom we see, hers not so much…..
After seeing seals, sharks, and, the alligator garfish (Thanks Jeremy Wade), we headed home, holding hands with smiles on our faces.
 A great morning, which was quickly put out of mind as I rounded the corner into what, should have been my kitchen.  Somewhere in the recent past a goodtime was had with every skillet I own, as well as nearly every small appliance.
  After an hour cleaning I made burgers with fried onions, jalapeños, and bacon, with a side of fresh baby zucchini lightly sautéed in olive oil.
So far so good,
 No emotional meltdown due to some pre-paleo food craving.
Forgot the afternoon snack since I was holed up in my office,
  (the Master Bath) blogging!
I rocked a short intense workout where about half way through I realized the full disappointment of the missed snack.
Dinner was awesome!
Chicken thighs bone in with skin
Garlic stuffed olives
Artichoke hearts
Onions
Roasted red peppers
Thrown all together in the crock pot.
Followed by a coconut milk peach mango banana smoothie.



No comments:

Post a Comment